Here's what we're looking at for Penn:
- 408 leaves D.C. at 7:40 a.m. (three minutes later)
- 410 leaves D.C. at 8:30 a.m. (arrives at Penn Station at 9:30 instead of 9:27)
- 520 leaves D.C. at 12:20 p.m. (five minutes earlier)
- 428 leaves D.C. at 4:15 p.m. (arrives at Penn Station at 5:06 instead of 5:04)
- 442 leaves D.C. at 7:40 p.m. (leaves 10 minutes later)
- 521 leaves Penn Station at 9:47 a.m. (five minutes earlier)
- 427 skips Seabrook, leaves New Carrolton at 1:17 (arrives in D.C. five minutes earlier)
- 535 leaves Perryville at 2:50 (ten minutes earlier, no changes from Penn Station on)
- 439 leaves Penn Station at 5:25 (five minutes earlier)
- Northbound - 846 will stop at College Park at 4:24 p.m.
- Southbound - 849 will stop at College Park at 8:10 p.m.
Why the changes? Not sure, since some schedule adjustments amount to a matter of minutes. It could be that MARC has made the changes to reflect reality. I.e., if the schedules says that the 410 Penn Line train leaving D.C. at 8:30 a.m. arrives in Baltimore at 9:30 a.m., it is actually closer to 9:30 a.m. than 9:27 a.m. But my experience has been that MARC Penn Line trains generally run 10 minutes behind, whereas Camden Line trains actually get into the arrival station a few minutes early. I'll endeavor to get an answer from a MARC official tomorrow morning. Check back for an update and in the meantime let me know what you think about the schedule changes.