Monday, October 5, 2009

MARC conducter keeps me honest


My boyfriend and I try to ride our bikes to work (well partway for me as I bike from my house in Fell's to Penn Station and then take the Penn Line to DC) at least three times a week. When I bike to work I wear gym clothes and change at the office. A friendly Penn Line conductor noticed and inquired about why I'm sometimes in slacks and other times wearing sweats. He gave me kudos on doing the 20-minute ride - with hills.

But now he's keeping me honest. This morning, when I showed up in a silk skirt and flats, he shot me a disapproving look. I explained that we'd done the 40-mile Tour du Port yesterday and my thighs were still aching.

"Forty miles? Then the 20 minutes should have been easy," was his retort. Thanks to the conductor I've got someone to keep me from resorting to laziness in the mornings.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure it was a MARC conductor who disapproved of your silk skirt? This does not compute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many times a week do you ride Marc?

    ReplyDelete